Afternoon all! It’s been a little bit quiet on the blog front over the last few days but I’m back and raring to go with this month’s reading mission. So much to read and so little time….so I thought it would help if I made an effort to sort my life out and pull together my tbr priorities for the rest of the month!
- “Devotion” by Ros Barber – yes, I know I’ve been on about this for a while now but I haven’t actually got around to starting it yet! I’ve been looking forward to it for ages, so this is definitely first on my mission list.
- Finish “The Blind Man’s Garden” – it started amazingly….but it’s going to some pretty dark places and although it’s superb I’ve left it alone for a while simply because the subject matter is quite disturbing and I needed a break from it. It’s undoubtedly a brilliant novel though, and one I will definitely see through to the end.
- “The Paying Guests” – unbelievably I’ve never managed to read anything by Sarah Waters before; this came highly recommended by a work colleague and I trust her judgement completely in matters of reading!
- “The Taxidermist’s Daughter” by Kate Mosse – there are loads of cracking paperbacks just out at the minute but this one caught my eye: it just looks deliciously Gothic and moody!
- Buy myself a Penguin tote bag – I’m utterly in love with the Penguin tote bags designed to look like the old style book jackets….the only question is, which one should I choose? A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf is looking like the favourite I think…
That’s it – short and sweet today! See you back on the blog very soon.